Saturday 7 May 2016

I'm on the cusp of having to submit my last assignment for my present course before slipping off into the world of studying art history... and it is scary!!!
I've had to channel all my poetic efforts into the submission but... well, my poetry brain won't stop and keeps pushing up new thoughts at a tangent. So below I've put a small poem that cropped up during the night and a link to another poem of mine published in The Curly Mind - my thanks yet again to Reuben and his kindness for giving it a home. (The image on the right was my inspiration.)





Empty Spaces

These are the empty canvasses
for images stolen or destroyed.
These are the empty shelves
for books or authors burnt.
These are the empty seats
for those who did not survive
or took their own lives rather than
survive.
These are the empty buildings not safe
as houses, that
fell before their time.

Fill them with new arts that Creatives have created,
building on the tracery traces of what others had learnt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment