Thursday 12 May 2016

Feline Inspiration?

I wonder where people find their inspiration.
Mine comes in flashes of ‘oh, that’s interesting’ and gets squirreled away in my notebooks, generally accompanied by a small scribbled drawing to make it easier to find, and there it rests until retrieved.
Of course, there are times when the inspiration, that ‘interesting’ thing, is too interesting to let alone. I won’t let me alone. And those are the items that declare themselves and are worked on first – to exorcise them and allow my brain to move on.
Today started with just such an event. I heard a small snippet of information that seemed to me somewhat bizarre, made a note of it intending to return at a more opportune moment but no, it stuck with me. Bang! That was an end to what I was doing and the start of more poetry.
Someone had mentioned cats on my tutor group forum and when felines came up in a somewhat freakish way on the radio… well, it seemed like fate. So I bow to the edicts of my poetic brain and am creating cat literature. Who’d have thought it?


No comments:

Post a Comment