Thursday 19 May 2016

Blank Spaces, Space for Poem

Something that I'm keen to immerse myself in, after my EMA is finally posted, is the idea that blank spaces can form poems. Not just the 'white space' concept of leaving breathing space but poems from erasures. I've made a few poems in erasure form, redacted poems from found items and yes, it is time-consuming but oh so very satisfying. 

Just another two days of waiting, editing, re-editing, more waiting and then finally posting and my time is my own. After that... the world of blanks is my oyster - with invisible pearl, of course! Naturally there are blank spaces that aren't quite so wonderful, erasures of individuals or writings that are a whole different thing but this, erasure poetry, yes, bring it on!


Here 
I present
blank           spaces
Intellectual e-r-a-s-u-r-e-s
Enclosures [] for lost

Might-have-beens.

No comments:

Post a Comment